Friday, 25 February 2011

Hi again

I learned a while ago, that run of the mill store bought soap is made for profit, not with the consumer in mind. You use it, you leave it, you come back it's got my cracks than the heel of someone whose been barefoot in the fields their entire life. Well that's pretty much what it does to your skin.
I also have issues with certain chemicals. There are just some products that are too harsh for my skin to deal with. So years ago I took a course in soap making. I can make normal soap, but regular soap uses lye, an active ingredient in both hair relaxer and drain cleaner. My soap is glycerin based. I use a blend of essential oils, natural fragrances, herbs, edibles (ie honey and oats), plant extracts, butters (cocoa, shea etc) and colourants.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment